Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cookie of the Week

Since I bought the cookie issue of Martha Stewart Living last Tuesday, I've decided to try to make one (at least) new cookie every week. Martha used to have a segment called Cookie of the Week on her old tv show so that's what I'm calling it here.

First off is a Chocolate Waffle Cookie. Was very fun to make and the batter was simple, simple, simple. It took a couple of tries to get the timing of the waffle iron down, in other words, the first cookies are slightly darker and drier than the rest. And, mine are not so perfectly round as those in the photo but all in all I'd call it a success.

Oh, and they taste good, too. Probably wouldn't be my first choice for a chocolate cookie but they'd be a interesting one to include in an assorted box for a holiday gift. And, I bet they'd be wonderful for summertime ice cream sandwiches.

Maybe I should just check that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home