Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Golding!

I have heard the raves about Golding spindles but this is the only one I've seen live and in person. Oh, my! It certainly lives up to it's legend. I was fortunate enough to receive this beauty as a Christmas present. It's one of their 3.5" (1.9 oz) designs called Swan Lake and I absolutely love it. Beyond it's gorgeous handcarved beauty, it's wonderfully centered and spins forever.

The whole detour into spindles this year has certainly taken me by surprise. I'm finding I'm learning so much about my spinning--sure hope it translates over to the wheel when I finally get it dusted off and begin spinning with it next year.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Angela said...

That is my favourite of the big Goldings. I need to follow YOU around to shop at M$W!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home