Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Forest Path Progress

Just a quick post today showing the progress of my Forest Path shawl. I'd hoped for a little knitting tutorial but my pics turned out too fuzzy. Must have been all those chocolate Easter eggs that made my hands shaky. ;) Tomorrow it's back to the all alkaline foods diet.

Up to Tier 7 now. Tried a little test block to make sure the short row ratio for the edging was working. Luckily it is! The Suri alpaca is so nice to knit--very silky and soft. And, nothing's better than when I get to use my size 3 Ebony needles. Even the entrelac isn't getting to me too much. It's the general untidiness of all those unfinished sts waiting to get used up that I hate. Only about 2/3 more to knit.

6 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh boy, your Forest ath is looking seriously pretty. I adore that border.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger A Fiber Frolic said...

The border you are knitting is the perfect choice. Now the border is an integral part of the shawl rather than just an "add on."
Beautiful knitting as usual.

Roberta

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Oh Vicki! It's beautiful. Please keep notes so that I may be a shameless copycat.

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's lovely! I will never knit that, but I like to look at it when other people do...

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Gorgeous! I'm with Angela on the project notes!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger June said...

It's awesome, Vicki!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home