Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year, New Start

It's a new year, but it looks just like the old one. Lots of snow, and now ice!

But, my knitting is taking a new (well, old) turn. I'm knitting a sweater! It's been awhile since I've made one for myself. And, this will be my first handspun garment.
This is the Secret Garden Coopworth from Hidden Valley Farm Woolen Mill that I spun last summer. The pattern is Meg's Round the Bend jacket from her little blue paperback book. It's long been on my "to do" list and I'm finally doing it! The piece begins with a sleeve and in place of the sort of full sleeve in the pattern, I'm making mine with a shorter cuff and more tapered instead.

In spinning news, I finished plying the Thermograph spun on my new Golding spindle last week. Originally, I was going to fractal spin this, but got a little mixed up on what on was doing and ended up just haphazardly plying up all the little cops from the spindle
BFL is my new favorite fiber. This skein is so soft and squishy. Think my next handspun sweater with have to be with BFL.

4 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger luvyarn said...

I have been trying to reach you to order patterns. Are you no longer doing that? Laura

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I love the colour of your sweater in progress! It's looking good.

Your Thermal BFL is very pretty. BFL is wonderful fiber.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Laura, I can't get a contact e-mail from your comment, so email me at heartlandknits@yahoo.com and we'll see to getting an order out to you.
Vicki

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger June said...

Tell me where I can learn more about "fractal spinning" or did I miss something in your post?

Your Round the Bend Jacket is going to look fabulous on you dahling! The color is very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home