Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Monday, September 08, 2008

Update--Wi S&W and other stuff

Last weekend was the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival. June told me to buy alot of fun stuff so I'd have something to write a blog post about. Ever obliging, here's goes.

First up, we have a braid of Mountain Colors Targhee in Ruby River.
This is absolutely my favorite Mountain Colors colorway, a little deeper and richer than the pic shows. I'm thinking mittens or gloves, maybe stranded with black.

One fiber I've been wanting to try spinning is SeaWool--70% Merino/30% SeaCell. Creatively Dyed Yarns had some at her booth. Her Ravelry id is Creative and a nicer woman you will not meet.
She brought scads of yarn and roving with her! Really beautiful colors.

I'd resisted the gorgeous Random Acts batts from Hooked on Felt at the MI show, but she had more and even prettier ones with her at Jefferson.
This pic shows both sides of the batt. It's Merino/silk/alpaca/angora/glitz. Very soft and sparkly and pretty. Don't know what it will be or how I'll spin it but it should be fun.

Also bought some luscious alpaca (from supermodel alpaca Brown Sugar's little one called Sweet Cheeks) and a Jensen Niddy Noddy.

Other pretty rovings which arrived recently include the August offering from the Spunky Eclectic club.
She calls this one Thermograph and it's BFL. There's pink in it, so you know I'm happy.

Also traded some of my April club fiber to June for this Feb offering called Think Spring. Oh, look, there's pink there, too. :)
Kerry gave me the nudge one night which prompted the arrival of these little bundles from Copperpot Woolies.
At each around an ounce, they're perfect little spindle projects.

And, a package from Lisa, arrived last month just before I left for MI. I needed some Wensleydale for my cardi project and she had a new colorway called Lake Superior. It's seen on the left along with Elektra on the right and some superwash merino in Violet's Pink Ribbon in the middle.
Let me tell you, spinning the Lake Superior was almost like spinning the sky. It's right up there with my favorite colorways of hers. Here it is all spun up.
BTW, Lisa has bunch of other new colorways. Be sure to head over to her website to check them out if you haven't seen them already. I feel another order coming on.

And, finally, I figured I may as well post a finished pic of these socks finished last month. They're from the spindled yarn shown in July from the Chocolate Princess roving. The colors are really off in the photo but are more browns and rusts.
It was a close call finishing with only a small butterfly of yarn left. I love how they stripe and really did nothing special in the spinning or knitting to achieve it.

Okay, hopefully soon I'll be back with more substantial posts. It seems so many have let their blogs lapse and I miss them. But also realize it's sometimes difficult to find the time to put together an interesting post. As much as I hate it when people beg for comments, they are motivating.

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger June said...

OMG, I knew I shouldn't come over here to see all this! Lordy Bee, it's gorgeous and I love me those socks espcially if there was "nuthin' special in the spinning"! I'm off to go find Creatively Dyed Yarns now. . . my credit card thanks you . . .not.

Hugs -

June

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun at the Sheep & Wool Festival, I did too. I also got some of Creative's, but I went for the Milk Protein yarn! It has my mind spinning! That Hooked on Felt Batt looks amazing, I don't know how I missed that booth! Good job, and I can't wait to see all this goodness spun up!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun shopping spree!

How's that Lyra coming along? :-)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

What a feast for the eyes! The Ruby Red is just stunning. I love your spindle spun socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home