Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Progress Report

Just a quick post with progress pics to keep you updated on my fibery exploits. Finished another spindling project! I'm trying to get things completed within a year of starting them and this came in just under the wire.

This is Superwash wool (the stuff from the Sheep Shed) dyed by Liz, the Chocolate Princess on Etsy. Doesn't look like she's doing any dyeing anymore. Too bad because this was pretty stuff. It was the only braid of fiber she brought to knitting camp last July and that's where I started spindling it.
Shown with the Janet Yost Ebony/Redheart spindle I used. It was my take along/waiting room project so is a bit uneven. I thought it was a 3 or 4 oz braid so I might have lost some along the way as this skein is only 2.5 oz and 330 yds--might not be enough for socks.

Next spindling project to start will be my June Spunky club fiber. It's a lovely Merino/Mohair blend--very, very soft. The colorway is called Little Weeds.
And, doily fever is still running its course. Here's the progress of my Birch Catkins doily. I'm very glad I reworked those early rnds. This shows it about on rnd 65. The catkins are worked in a twisted stitch giving it a nice texture.
Doily knitting is so enjoyable as it's so light and small and the cotton thread stays cool in your hand. May be the perfect summer knitting.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Your work is so beautiful. That's a lovely spindle you have there.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I thought catkins was fine before, but you are right. This one is even better. Where are the charts published?

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that spindle. There is one spot left on my spindle rack...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home