Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Friday, January 27, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Yes, I've done it. I've signed up for the Knitting Olympics. In the past, I've always tried to knit one special project for the duration of the games anyway--usually a lace shawl. This year I plan to design and knit a pair of socks with Bavarian Twisted Stitches in them. Plus, have the pattern finished by the end of the closing ceremonies. That will be the most difficult part for me. I tend to dawdle when writing patterns.

I'll be using some of Lisa's Sock! yarn in the Turqua color. Don't know whether they'll be toe-up or top down yet. I just wound the skein and am swatching a bit since I've never knit with it before. I'm going to figure out my gauge and some stitch patterns so I'm ready to cast on during the opening ceremonies.

I found this great USA sock button on Jessica's blog. Hope I saved it correctly and if not, hope someone lets me know.

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I can't wait to see these socks Vicki. You design such beautiful stuff!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Good luck with those socks! And welcome to the world of blogging!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog!! Great job!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

welcome to blogland :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home