Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Saturday, September 23, 2006

What I did on my summer vacation

Since summer has officially turned to fall, I guess it's about time I turn in my report on how I spent my summer vacation (because it certainly wasn't spent blogging).

It was an eventful summer, filled with good times and bad--births, deaths, reconnecting with old friends, missed opportunities to meet new friends, long days spent spinning, even longer days spent worried about people in hospitals, the sound of airplanes in the air, excursions to vacation spots, a mad online shopping spree and an almost finished website (I tried hard to get it finished but had a setback after a big *oops* a couple of weeks ago when I wasn't feeling good). In the upcoming days, I'll try to write with more detail about some of these experiences, at least the positive ones because there's no sense dwelling on the negative.

But throughout the summer, the one constant was the Saturday morning Farmers Market. From the early weeks of June with the plethora of sugar snap peas to the booths filled with pumpkins today. It's difficult to believe summer is over, it seemed to fly by so quickly.

I'll leave you with this photo of the bouquet I picked up this morning--the last of the summer flowers. Until next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home