Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Blooms

The spring flowers have started showing their cheery faces in the garden.

Also blooming this week is the Niebling doily from the Spring issue of Anna. It doesn't have an official name but I was struck by how much it mirrored the look of the daffodils.
This doily was started using Joyce Williams Eastern European cast on--the one for starting socks on two circs. It makes it easy as pie to get going, but I sort of miss the little gathered sts in the center of the doily.
The chain cast off was blocked by having adjacent chains sharing a pin--this seemed to take away the loopy sort of edge my other doilies have where I used one pin for each chain.

Other doily stats:
DMC Cordonnet #50 thread
Size 00 (1.75mm) needles
Finished size: 13" diameter

I've also restarted (again) my Jonquil Wensleydale handspun cardi. Third time must be the charm because this one seems to be through the swatching phase and already past the cuff. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger June said...

Well, just leave me speechless! I am so totally amazed at your speed . . . Ms. V! What do you do with all your lace art?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

The doily is a masterpiece, and it certainly does resemble a daffodil! Your lace knitting is exquisite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home