Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yellow and Blue

This week we feature yellow. Of all the Iris colors, the yellow gold ones are my favorite.

And, we have yellow yarn, too. This is the finished Tactile April club fiber shown two weeks ago. Definitely laceweight and soft, soft, soft.
No, you don't see alot of loft on it because I don't believe in yarn abuse and will not do the semi-felting business often suggested for short fibers such as angora. With enough twist in the spinning, everything should stay put and it will fuzz up once it's knit.

And, we have blue. A new project, Galina's new Russian warm shawl design from the current Piecework.
The construction of this type of shawl is different than most triangle shawls. This is one side of the border. Using Colourmart cashmere. Mmmm! You need some. Really! You need some!

Blue, too, about these socks. This was one of the Hawaii beach projects and only the soles are showing since they're slated to be a new Heartland Knits design (and I believe in keeping those things under wraps until they're ready for their debut).See how the colors at one end of the skein are more muted than the other end. This is Fleece Artist SeaWool. Doesn't look so bad in the St st sole, but the stitch pattern doesn't appear to it's advantage in the brighter sock. Disappointing.

Were you disappointed that there was no blog post last week? Yeah, the lack of feedback lately has left me feeling pretty disappointed and blue about the whole blog thing. Please consider commenting. It will make it much easier to set aside the time to write a blog entry each week.

6 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger old lady said...

Congrats on the start of what looks to be a LOVELY shawl! Is that from the lace Piecework? I've been trying to find that in the bookstores. Looks like my loss!

Your doily is lovely! I bought that book too - hope I get the nerve up to try them.

About the comments - I'm a lurker enjoying everyone else's wonderful starts and finishes. Most times my comments are the same as others - who needs repeats. I should comment since I understand how you feel - I hardly get any comments - but I've accepted that I'm low on the knitting totem pole.

Please continue posting if only for yourself. Us lurkers enjoy them!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I've never seen an Iris that vividly coloured! The yellow yarn has some lovely pale peach and summery green too - very pretty.

My heart almost stopped when I saw the beginnings of the Galina shawl. It's beautuful, and you're completely right ... I need some Colourmart cashmere. I really do.

Drats on the SeaWool skein. Hand paints are so unpredictable. Can you overdye it?

Please don't disappear the blog. I'd miss your posts very much.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger A Fiber Frolic said...

Please don't discontinue blogging. Your posts, unlike so many others, are always instructive. Either keep blogging or write a book. :)

Your Southern Fan

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger June said...

Ok, I am at work, so I have to comment from home, but OH I love that Iris!!! I have some deep deep purple ones I can sent you so you can have a psychadelic (sp?) garden going!!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger June said...

I want to learn how to spin that lovely lace weight, like you do! I love the color and seriously that shawl in the making is gorgeous (now that I can really see it on my monitor at home!) I love your blog Vicki! Please post, I learn so much from you!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's better. Now I can read and post. Gorgeous stuff you are making, yarn, knitting, flowers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home