Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wheel P*rn

Two and a half years ago when I got this wheel I took a few rather dark indoor pics and since that time haven't taken any others that show off it's real beauty. So, when I gave it a fresh coat of wax yesterday, I rectified that situation. Go put the kettle on and make yourself a cup of tea while these pics load.
Lovely Lendrum Saxony in Black Walnut.
Lovely wood grain on treadles.
Lovely wood grain on wheel and elegant footmen.
Side shot.
Shot from above. Yes, I know, the lawn is filled with weeds, but I'd rather spin than deal with them.
Long elegant spokes and little orifice hook.
More lovely wood grain on wheel.
Lazy kate and extra bobbins. My pic of the under table storage for the extra whorl didn't turn out.
Lennox spinning chair.
Ready to spin away the afternoon.

10 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger vanessa said...

be still my heart!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Diane in Oregon said...

Oh, my, that's gorgeous! I have serious wheel envy!

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Maureen in Fargo said...

It's lovely! I think I'm going to have to learn to spin, one of the gals who works at the LYS is starting a spinning group and several other knitters I know also spin and will be joining her. I don't want to be left out so I guess I'll take the plunge.

I think Saxony wheels are the prettiest!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous kerry said...

Ahhhh, so pretty! I can't believe you've had it that long already!

Have you noticed the wood getting lighter? My BR is black walnut and I see the wood changing (which I'm happy about because it was really dark when I first got it).

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wheel. Gorgeous wood-grain.
Joy

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I'm smitten. The wood grain is unbelievable. The spinning chair is also lovely.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger annmarie said...

what a lovely spot to sit and spin on your beautiful wheel. and, for what it's worth, I like weeds. :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Gah.

That is a stunningly beautiful wheel.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh My. It's beautiful. It takes my breath away.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger June said...

Gorgeous! I think you should just keep that as my stand by comment. . .
lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home