Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Friday, February 10, 2006

First Fleece

It's here! My very first fleece. Or at least, part of a fleece; about 1.5 lbs worth. Definitely less intimidating than dealing with a whole one the first time out. At least for me.

What you see here is a beautiful mushroom colored Polworth. Here is my preliminary analysis. It has about a 5" staple length and about 8 crimps per inch. I estimate the bulk as high, the luster as medium and about the only fault I see is that it has some dirty tips. As for fiber size, well, as I've only had a few locks to judge in a class I took last fall, I'm estimating about 55's to 60's. I know you want a closer look. Isn't it purty!

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Ooh look at that crimpy luster! You will have so much fun.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purty! You're going to have a lot of fun with it! Do you plan to comb it, card it, what?

Love how the blue yarn turned out, but, as another one who completely HATES pooling, I feel your pain. The colors are so gorgeous there HAS to be something that will work!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

boy it looks so pretty!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home