Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Knitting Update

Okay, I thought I'd have progress on my Torino sock to report on each day but then the Polwarth fleece arrived on Friday and I've been consumed with washing it. I did cast on during the Opening Ceremonies last Friday and knit an inch. Didn't like the cast on, ripped, reknit. Didn't like something else, ripped, reknit. Basically the same inch knit and reknit several times over the last few nights. I think I finally have it figured out but Blogger isn't letting me upload photos today so instead I'll give you a recipe for an Olympic Knitting snack.

Sugared Pecans

Mix in large bowl:
1 egg white
1 TBSP water
Beat until frothy.

Add: 4 Cups (or 1 lb. bag) Pecan halves
Stir until well coated.

In small separate bowl, mix together:
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
Pour contents of small bowl into large bowl and stir until coated.

Spread out evenly into a 9" x 13" cake pan.

Bake 20 minutes at 300˚ stirring pecans every 5-10 minutes.
Decrease oven temp to 250˚ and continue baking an additional 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes as before.

Cool and store in air tight container.

One of my former knitting students gave me this recipe. A little bit sweet, a little bit salty. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home