Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Perendale Puppet

It's been a long time since I've opened up a knitting publication and seen something that's made me want to sit right down and cast on for it immediately. But, that's what happened when I saw the puppets in the summer issue of Spin-Off.

They looked so fun and I had just finished spinning a skein from the Perendale fleece I bought last winter from Treenway. The skein was made with all sorts of different methods--combed, carded and then flicked locks, and also done keeping the different shades of the fleece separate and blending them together. It was a truly experimental skein. It's stranded with my first merino handspun skein. I didn't know if those two yarns would blend together properly but figured it wouldn't really matter for a puppet. If any of my readers have good sources to learn about how to successfully use yarns from different breeds of sheep in the same sweater, I'd love to learn more.

This was a fun a little project; the gauge was small, but so is the item. If I still taught in an LYS, I think it would be an ideal class, as it's part glove, part sock (the head is done just as you would turn a heel), stranding, knitting in the rnd--lots of stuff for knitters to learn.

Sadly, no farther progress was made with the fleece as other spinning projects took precedence. Though just picking up the puppet to snap the pic has made me want to get back to processing it. I absolutely love the color!

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MAN is that adorable! What a face!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger vanessa said...

that puppet is the cutest thing ever!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Adorable sheep!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home