Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Googled!

Finally! Google found me! Well, it found my website. :) It only took 6 weeks, she says with an exasperated sigh. MSN and Yahoo indexed the site in half the time. But, I'm not complaining, they finally found me and I'll be able to work on raising my place in the ranking now.

Big thanks to everyone who stopped by and congratulated me on the new wheel. There's been some real bonding going on. The wheel had been given a protective coat of tung oil but I decided to take care of some rougher places on the wood by sanding them and then applying some Wood Beams over the whole thing. It's really giving a lovely finish. If the fog and rain ever lift and the sun comes out, I'll try to take a better photo.

As for the what to spin suggestions, (cause even if I'm sanding it, I had to start spinning, too) I decided to take Angela's advice and spin up enough of my Polwarth fleece from last winter to make a pair of gloves. I'm combing it and aiming for a worsted spun fingering wt plied yarn. I plan to knit the gloves using Joyce Williams recipe from the fingertips down.

Thanks again for the comments. I love hearing from all of you! Please keep it up. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I have to agree with Mel, I hadn't wanted a Lendrum Saxony before, but now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home