Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Heartland Knits website!

It's official. Heartland Knits has a website!

The road was long with lots of twists and turns but it's finally finished. And, it's also the reason why postings here have been few and far between lately. After sitting at the computer for hours each day working on the website, I couldn't stand more time at it for anything else. But now that it's done (well, something tells me it will continue to be a work in progress for quite some time), I should be a more regular blogger.

Okay, pictureless posts are no fun, so here's what I was playing with this weekend. I'm trying to stretch my spinning horizons a little and so I dug out the Navajo spindle I bought last year and tried to figure out how to use it. This is about an ounce of a worsted weight softly spun singles yarn. It wasn't a truly enjoyable process, the spindle kept trying to escape from me. But thick lofty yarn like this is difficult for me to spin on the wheel so it's nice to know I have another option for spinning it, should I have the need.

More tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Barb said...

The new web site looks great! Congratulations. Love the blue fiber you've got going!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Very cool! A navajo spindle! i'm going to go and check out the website now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home