Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Proof

Okay, here it is. The proof that I've knit farther than an inch on my Torino sock. As you can see, I was needlessly worried that the stitch pattern wouldn't show up enough in this nearly solid handpainted sock yarn. I think the striping problem occurred in the swatches because they were knit back and forth on a smaller amount of stitches. And, it actually looks much better in person than this photo shows. I found I couldn't keep the flash on my camera from activating no matter which lamp I took the picture under; no natural light possible today as we're in the middle of a blizzard.

However, I may be reknitting that initial inch one (maybe two) more times. A new yarn arrived in the mail today from CA and I think this will be the perfect match of pattern/color. Lisa said it was the perfect red...and well, it just about is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home