Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Friend Mittens

Yes, I've been a really bad blogger! Lately the computer has not been my friend as I've been trying to deal with website construction (which hasn't been going well) and consequently have been avoiding the machine whenever possible.

So, no, the Torino sock pattern has not been finalized yet. I do thank everyone for their comments, though, and will write another post trying to answer the questions.

But, I do have a photo to share that a friend sent to me. She calls these her Friend Mittens because the yarn she knit them with came from the stash of a friend who passed away. Another friend of ours, Maureen, gave her the pattern which just happened to be one of my designs (Fanning the Flame Mittens from Heartland Knits). I met Elaine and Maureen at Stitches Midwest several years ago after being on several knitting discussion lists with them. It's always fun to meet people in person and put faces to names and it certainly was in this case.

Didn't she do a great job knitting the mittens!

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that was your pattern! I have it!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Beautiful mittens and great pattern. I'm sure the friend that passed is happy that someone she cared about and appreciates her stash is using it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home