Fiber Corner

Daily life of a knitting designer/publisher of handknitting patterns

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Perendale

I had hoped to post some photos of Huacaya and Suri alpacas I took over the weekend at the Spring Fling Alpaca show but encountered difficulty in downloading them from my camera.

So instead, here is a photo of the Perendale fleece that arrived from Treenway last month. It shows the wide variety of shades of grey it contained--from silver to medium to charcoal--all with caramel colored tips. It was really interesting to see how different the character of the fiber was in each section. I'd only had previous fleece experience with the lb of Polwarth that arrived early in Feb so this was a big learning experience. I've only spindled a tiny bit of it but love how it turned out. I've been busy washing it (and it's much easier to get clean than the Polwarth) but I'll probably wait to tackle combing/spinning it until the summer.

Sitting outside on a beautiful day preparing fleece to spin--now that's something to look forward to!

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home